End your meal right with this delicate apple crumble which is fast and easy to bake!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2
- For the apple filling
- 2 medium apples (or 3 small apples), peeled, cored and sliced to 1 cm thick
- 2 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- For the crumble
- 120g Plain flour
- 75g Golden caster sugar
- 80g Cold Butter
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Toss the apples with the 2 tablespoon sugar and put in a baking dish. Flatten down with your hand to prevent too much crumble falling through.
- Put the flour and sugar in a bowl with a good pinch of salt, slice in the butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like moist breadcrumbs. Shake the bowl and any big bits will come to the surface – rub them in. Alternatively, pulse in a processor until sandy.
- Pour the crumb mix over the apples to form a pile in the centre, and then use a fork to even out. Gently press the surface with the back of the fork so the crumble holds together and goes crisp, and then lightly drag the fork over the top for a decorative finish.
- Set on a baking tray and put in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden and the apples feel very soft when you insert a small, sharp knife. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with cold whipped cream.