Cooking Classes FAQ
1. How do I register for a class?
To register, visit our website at ToTT – Home and choose Cooking Classes at the top of the page. This features the list of the upcoming classes by month. Click “DETAILS” which leads you to the registration page. Fill in the necessary information and click the PayPal icon at the bottom. Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
2. Do I need to have a PayPal account to register?
No. There is no need to register on PayPal. Choose the other option (Pay with my credit or debit card) instead of “Pay with my PayPal account”. You can make your payment successful without logging/signing in.
3. I’m having a hard time registering online. Can I make a reservation?
We don’t make reservations for the class. To make sure you can join the class, come down to our store and make your payment at our store’s cashier counter 3-5 days prior to the class. Paying on the day of the class is not allowed and won’t guarantee that you can join the class.
4. What is the format of your classes?
We have two different formats:
1) Hands-on classes – where participants take part in practising techniques and preparing the dishes. Participants will take home all the dishes they prepared in the class, as well as the recipe.
2) Demo classes – where participants observe while the chef explains and demonstrates the recipe preparation and cooking techniques. Participants will be given a tasting portion of all the dishes prepared during the class, as well as the recipe.
NOTE: All Complimentary Demo Cooking Class Vouchers are only valid until 31 Dec 2017
5. What happens after I register for a class?
Constant Contact will email you a confirmation of payment once it has been approved. Please ensure that the email address that you’ve provided on the registration page is a valid email address. We strongly encourage you to check your spam or junk folder as the emails sometimes get redirected there. ToTT is not responsible for any unread emails.
In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email 3 days before the class. You can choose to either get a refund of the cooking class fee or attend another class of the same value. There is no further notification for proceeding classes.
*Please note that some classes are not eligible for 10% discount
Online Registration: Refunds will be processed within 14 working days.
NOTE: For cancelled classes, participants have 90 days to advise whether they want to transfer to another class/refund or a refund will automatically be processed.
ToTT Store Registration: Refunds will be processed within 4-6 weeks.
NOTE: For cancelled classes, participants have 90 days to advise whether they want to transfer to another class/refund. No claims will be entertained after 90 days.
6. Can I cancel my registration?
No. All confirmed bookings are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable to another class date should you be unable to attend the class. No refunds will be given for unattended classes. However, a replacement participant can be sent, with minimum 24 hours advanced notice via email from the registered participant. Replacement participant needs to produce printed confirmation slip and email.
7. What should I bring on the day of the classes?
You only need to bring your confirmation email and identification card. The ToTT studio is equipped with the tools needed in the class, so you don’t have to bring your own. Please bring containers to pack your food if you do not intend to consume the food on-site after the cooking class.
8. What should I wear?
Participants are advised to wear closed shoes for protection and dress in casual, comfortable attire.
Cooking Class Gift Vouchers, Complimentary Cooking Class Vouchers, and Redemption Letters FAQ
1. How do I buy cooking class gift vouchers?
You may purchase hands-on cooking class gift vouchers online HERE or at our store. If you purchased your hands-on cooking class gift vouchers online and also reach a minimum online purchase of $200, we will be able to mail the vouchers to the recipient.
2. How much are the cooking class gift vouchers worth and what can they be used for?
The hands-on cooking class gift vouchers are worth $118 each and they may be used to redeem any of our cooking classes worth up to $118 in value. There will not be any cash or balance given for any redemption of a class less than $118 in value. Each voucher can be used to redeem only one class at a time. These vouchers are not valid with any other promotion.
3. What can my complimentary cooking class vouchers/ redemption letters be used for?
The complimentary hands-on cooking class vouchers/redemption letters can only be used for a one-time redemption of any of our cooking classes worth up to the value stated on the vouchers, excluding cooking classes that cannot be redeemed using vouchers. The cooking classes that are not redeemable using vouchers have been indicated on their respective class listing registration page. There is also a quota for the number of complimentary class vouchers redeemed per class. Do register for classes in advance in this instance to avoid disappointment as classes redeemed using complimentary vouchers are on a first-come-first-serve basis. The complimentary cooking class vouchers are not exchangeable for cash/other forms of cooking class or cash vouchers. If you hold a complimentary cooking class voucher but made payment for a cooking class, the payment made is strictly non-refundable.
4. How can I redeem my cooking class gift vouchers or complimentary cooking class vouchers/redemption letters?
Please email us to register for a class. Registration should be made at least five working days in advance and must be on or before the expiry date of the voucher. No claims will be entertained for expired, defaced or damaged vouchers.
5. What happens if the class I redeemed is cancelled?
Cooking classes will only be confirmed proceeding or cancelled three days prior to the date of the class. In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. In this case, the same voucher may be used to redeem another class with one-month extension after the expiry date of the voucher.
6. Can I redeem a class without the physical voucher/redemption letter?
There will be no replacement for lost vouchers. Payment will be required if no voucher is presented on the day of the class.
1. Are the studios Halal?
No. ToTT studios are not Halal and have been used for general cooking before. You may engage Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS), also known as the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore, for cleansing and certifying the place and equipment Halal at your own expense.
2. Do you have audio-visual systems in the studios?
The Demo Studio is equipped with audio system that comes with 1 hand-free microphone. Televisions can be hooked up with 1 laptop for presentations and videos. DVD player is also available in this studio. There are no audio or visual systems in the Hands-On Studio.
3. I’m having a workshop in the Demo Studio, can you provide stationery?
ToTT can provide up to 3 flipcharts, A1 white paper and markers. If you require other stationery, please bring your own.
4. Can the stove-top cameras in studio record the cooking process?
No. The cameras only provide live-feed to the TVs within the studio.
5. If I only need a small area of the studio, can ToTT pro-rate the charges?
No. The studio space is not excludable.
Team Building FAQ
1. Can we still do team building if we have less than the minimum of 8 participants?
Yes. Fees for 8 pax is still applicable, however the participants may share the extra ingredients amongst themselves.
2. What do we have to bring for the session?
Nothing! ToTT will provide aprons, ingredients and equipments required for the session. However if you’d like to bring any props (or secret ingredients), please speak to our party planners!
3. Can I only confirm the final number of persons on the day of event?
No. The exact number of participants has to be confirmed 4 working days prior to event to allow preparations and purchase of ingredients.
General Terms & Conditions
1. ToTT reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email email@example.com to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to ToTT to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
2. To the extent permitted by law, ToTT Store will not be liable for any accidents, injuries, losses or damages occasioned to you, as a result of the participation of any individual or organisation in any scheduled classes, corporate or private events. ToTT Store is not responsible for any personal accidents, injuries, losses or damages arising out of the use of any facilities or equipment used to facilitate the cooking class including cooking appliances, utensils, implements and foodstuffs and ingredients. You will compensate ToTT Store in the event of any negligence or damages, caused by you to appliances or property on premises.
3. There is an inherent risk in the events that you will participate in at ToTT Store. It is your responsibility to check and inform the appropriate parties about any allergies or illnesses you may have. ToTT Store will not accept any responsibility for any allergies, illnesses or reaction.
4. If any accidents or emergencies happen to you on ToTT premises, and if it is impracticable to communicate with you, I give ToTT full permission to arrange for you to receive medical or surgical treatment as may be deemed necessary. You will also undertake to pay or reimburse any costs, which may be incurred for such medical attention, ambulance transport and drugs.
5. ToTT store will not be held responsible for any items or property that has been left behind at the ToTT cooking studios. It is your responsibility to contact the ToTT Store staff for assistance and any items that are not claimed within 5 working days will be given to charity.