Cooking Classes FAQ
1. How do I register for a class?
Visit our website at https://tottstore.com/classes/ for the full list of upcoming classes. You can register online or in-store.
To register online, click “More Details” on the class listing to learn more about what you will cook or bake during the class. To book, click on “Book Now” which leads you to the registration page. Fill in the necessary information and click the PayPal icon at the bottom. Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
To register in-store, you may visit any of our stores. Approach our cashier counter to register and make payment for a class.
Payment mode accepted: Cash, Nets, and All Major Credit Cards.
2. Do I need to have a PayPal account to register?
No. You do not need to have a PayPal account. Choose the other option (Pay with my credit or debit card) instead of “Pay with my PayPal account” to register and pay for your class.
3. Can I make a class reservation?
We do not accept reservations for classes. To join a class, you will need to register and make your payment at least 3 days before the class date. Paying on the day of the class is not allowed and does not guarantee you a slot.
4. What are the formats of your classes?
We have two different formats:
a.) Hands-on classes
Participants take part in practising techniques and preparing the dishes. Participants will take home all the dishes they prepared in the class, as well as the recipe.
b.) Demo classes
Participants observe while the chef explains and demonstrates the recipe preparation and cooking techniques. Participants will be given a tasting portion of all the dishes prepared during the class, as well as the recipe.
5. What happens after I register for a class?
A confirmation email will be sent to you once payment has been approved. Please ensure that the email address that you’ve provided on the registration page is a valid email address. We strongly encourage you to check your spam or junk folder as emails sometimes get redirected there. ToTT is not responsible for any unread emails.
In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email 3 days before the class date. You can choose to either request for a full refund of the cooking class fee or attend another class of the same value. Please take note that for all proceeding classes, there will be no further notifications other than the first confirmation email sent.
6. Can I cancel my registration?
No. All confirmed bookings are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable to another class should you be unable to attend the class. No refunds will be given for unattended classes. However, a replacement participant can be sent, with minimum 24 hours advanced notice via email from the registered participant. Replacement participant needs to produce printed confirmation slip and email.
7. What should I bring on the day of the classes?
You will only need to bring your confirmation email. Please bring your own containers to pack your food if you do not intend to consume the food on-site after the cooking class.
8. What should I wear?
Participants are advised to wear covered shoes for protection and to avoid long sleeves.
9. What is the minimum age to attend ToTT Cooking & Baking Classes?
ToTT Junior Chef Classes: Suitable for children aged 5-12 years old. Children aged 8 and below must be accompanied by one adult (no additional fee required).
Regular & 1-for-1 Classes: Suitable for participants aged 13 and above.
Cooking Class Gift Vouchers, Complimentary Cooking Class Vouchers FAQ
1. How do I buy cooking class gift vouchers?
You may purchase hands-on cooking class gift vouchers online HERE or at any of our retail stores.
2. I received a $50 complimentary hands-on cooking class voucher. What can it be used for?
The $50 complimentary hands-on cooking class vouchers can be used to offset the price of selected cooking classes. Classes that do not accept redemption of $50 complimentary cooking class vouchers will be indicated on the class description page. Please take note that there is a maximum number of complimentary class vouchers redeemed per class and the registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis. The $50 complimentary hands-on cooking class vouchers are not exchangeable for cash and other forms of cooking class or cash vouchers.
3. How can I utilise my Hands-On Cooking Class Vouchers?
$118 Hands-On Cooking Class Vouchers
There are 3 methods to redeem a class using your $118 hands-on cooking class voucher:
Method 1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
a.) Name, mobile number & voucher number
b.) Title and date of the class that you want to attend
Method 2. In-store registration.
Visit any of our retail stores and register for a class at our cashier counter. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm your booking. Kindly produce the cooking class voucher and a print copy of the email confirmation on the day of class.
Method 3. Online registration.
Register and make payment for the class online. A refund of the full voucher amount will be processed 3 days after the class.
$50 Complimentary Hands-On Cooking Class Vouchers
Please refer to above method number 1.
*If you hold a $50 complimentary hands-on cooking class voucher, you do not need to make any payment before the class. Our cooking class team will contact you with instructions on how to make the balance payment.
If payment has been made before receiving balance payment details, we regret to inform you that the amount made is strictly non-refundable.
Registration must be made on or before the expiry date of your voucher. No claims will be entertained for expired, defaced or damaged vouchers.
4. What happens if the class I redeemed is cancelled?
In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email 3 days before the class date. The same voucher may be used to redeem another class with one-month extension FROM the expiry date of the voucher.
5. Can I redeem a class without the physical voucher/redemption letter?
Voucher must be used on or before the expiry date. The voucher is no longer valid for classes beyond the expiry date. There will be no replacement for lost vouchers. Payment will be required if no voucher is presented on the day of the class.
1. Are the studios Halal?
No, ToTT studios are not Halal Certified. You may engage Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS), also known as the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore, for cleansing and certifying the place and equipment Halal at your own expense if you are renting our studio. Do note that we are able to provide a no pork/lard menu for our events and cooking classes.
2. Do you have audio-visual systems in the studios?
Yes, our ToTT @ i12 Katong studio has a projector and projector screen. Clients are allowed to bring their own AV system if required. Please speak to our events personnel if you require any AV equipment or intend to bring your own.
Team Building FAQ
1. How do I book an event at ToTT?
Fill up the booking form HERE. Our events personnel will contact you within 3 working days. Please note that submitting the form is not an indication of booking confirmation..
2. Can we still do team building if we have less than the minimum of 10 participants?
Yes, you are still able to do a teambuilding event but fees for 10 pax is still applicable. The extra ingredients will then be shared amongst the participants.
3. What do we have to bring for the session?
Nothing! ToTT will provide aprons, ingredients and equipment required for the session. However if you’d like to bring any props (or secret ingredients), please speak to our party planners!
4. What is the minimum number of participants to start a private class? Can I only confirm the final number of persons on the day of event?
The minimum number of participants to start a private class is 10 for both team building and birthday party.
The exact number of participants has to be confirmed 5 working days prior to the event to allow preparations and purchase of ingredients.
General Terms & Conditions
1. ToTT reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email email@example.com to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to ToTT to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
2. To the extent permitted by law, ToTT Store will not be liable for any accidents, injuries, losses or damages occasioned to you, as a result of the participation of any individual or organisation in any scheduled classes, corporate or private events. ToTT Store is not responsible for any personal accidents, injuries, losses or damages arising out of the use of any facilities or equipment used to facilitate the cooking class including cooking appliances, utensils, implements and foodstuffs and ingredients. In the event of any negligence or damages, caused by participant(s) to appliances or property on premises, the participant will be required to compensate ToTT Store.
3. There is an inherent risk in the events that you will participate in at ToTT Store. It is your responsibility to check and inform the appropriate parties about any allergies or illnesses you may have. ToTT Store will not accept any responsibility for any allergies, illnesses or reaction.
4. If any accidents or emergencies happen to you on ToTT premises, and if it is impracticable to communicate with you, I give ToTT full permission to arrange for you to receive medical or surgical treatment as may be deemed necessary. You will also undertake to pay or reimburse any costs, which may be incurred for such medical attention, ambulance transport and drugs.
5. ToTT store will not be held responsible for any items or property that has been left behind at the ToTT cooking studios. It is your responsibility to contact the ToTT Store staff for assistance and any items that are not claimed within 5 working days will be given to charity.