These super easy Cranberry Buttermilk scones are a twist on the classic and perfect for relaxing with a cup of tea.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 10 mins
Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 12-16 servings
- 75g Butter
- 190g Butter Milk
- 6 tbsp UHT Milk
- 340g Plain Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 70g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cranberry / Raisins *optional
- Rub butter into flour gently. Add in sugar.
- Pour in the buttermilk. Mix into a sticky dough.
- Pat the dough into 2cm thick & use a fluted 5cm round cutter to cut.
- Glaze with beaten egg / Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake the scones at 220°C for 10-12mins.