This deceptively simple Pumpkin Soup with a hint of spice is perfect for any occasion!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 6
- 500g Pumpkin, peeled, diced (kabucha and local variety)
- Chopped tomatoes (can)
- 200g Big onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock
- 300 – 400ml Coconut milk
- 100ml Garlic, chopped
- 2 cloves Lemongrass, sliced in two lenghtwise
- 1 stalk Chopped young ginger
- 1 tbsp Paprika powder
- ½ tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch Chilli (or more if you like it hot!)
- Pinch of Salt & pepper
- Fry diced onions in Cuisinart Blender for 1-2 minutes on lowest position (simmer) – press stir button from time to time. Add diced pumpkin, lemongrass, garlic and ginger and continue to fry for 1-2 more minutes. Add paprika powder, nutmeg, chilli; give a stir, than add chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and some of the coconut milk. The liquid should just cover the pumpkin.
- Cover, then cook over low heat for about 15 minutes on medium position (low) or until the pumpkin is tender. Discard lemongrass stalk.
- Turn button on position 2, in order to blend all the ingredients. If necessary, increase speed (3-4). Season to taste with salt and pepper; add coconut milk or chicken stock if the soup is too thick.
- Bring to a boil on medium position. Ladle some soup in 6 bowls and serve with a drizzle of coconut milk, coriander oil and some coriander leaves.