Start your meal with a perfectly crisp Deep Fried Prawns served with Wasabi Mayo for a little heat!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 25 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- 6 pcs Large size peeled Prawns
- 1 tsp Shaoxing Huatiao Win
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ no Egg White
- 1 tbsp Potato or Tapioca Starch
- Extra Potato or Tapioca Starch for Dusting
- Oil for Deep Frying
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Wasbi Paste
- 1 tsp Condensed Milk
- 100g Shredded Lettuce
- 40g Shredded Red Cabbage
- 20g Diced Tomatoes
- Extra Sesame Seeds for Sprinkling
- Marinate Prawns with wine and salt. Mix in the egg white and potato starch. Set aside for 15minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for wasabi mayo, Set aside. Lace a serving plate with the shredded lettuce and cabbage.
- Heat oil in wok, dust prawns with extra potato starch. Deep fry prawns till crispy. Toss with wasabi mayo and transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and sesame seeds, serve immediately.