Prepare a stellar Roast Beef with Pommery Mustard Finger Sandwiches for an afternoon tea get-together with your friends! Make your own Roast Beef and Pommery Mustard spread for the sandwiches; and pair it with your favourite tea for the perfect harmony of flavours!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 16 Tea Sandwiches
- Roast Fillet of Beef
- 500g Fillet of Beef, fat and sinew removed (tie if required)
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Tea Sandwich
- 200g Roast Beef, Sliced paper thin
- ½ tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Pommery Mustard
- 8 Brown Bread, sandwich bread
- Handful of Baby Spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
DIRECTIONS FOR ROAST FILLET OF BEEF
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
To roast the beef
- Place a heavy based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sear the beef on all sides.
- Transfer the beef into a roasting pan. Roast the meat for 25 minutes (medium well done).
- When ready, transfer the beef on a plate and allow to rest and cool.
To serve the beef
- Thinly slice the beef, arrange on a large platter and serve with some leafy green salad.
Note: This dish is to be eaten at room temperature. You can prepare the meat in advance and refrigerate the meat. Do bring the meat back to room temperature before serving.
DIRECTIONS FOR TEA SANDWICH
To make the mustard spread
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and pommery mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
To prepare the sandwiches
- On a clean work surface, spread 4 of the bread slices with the pommery mustard mixture. Top a layer of baby spinach and onions on the bread, then add a layer of roast beef. Season with salt and pepper if required. Top each with one of the remaining bread slices.
- Using a serrated knife, trim the crusts off the sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches and arrange on a cake stand or serving platter. Serve immediately.