With just 4 simple steps, you can enjoy a healthy version of silky smooth Chawanmushi by incorporating soy milk!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- 4 medium Eggs, beaten, strained
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Soya Sauce
- 10g Dashi Stock
- 300ml Unsweetened Soymilk
- 4 slices Japanese Fish Cake
- 1 pc Boneless Chicken Leg, cut into cubes, pre blanched
- 4 pcs Shitake Mushrooms
- 4 pcs Gingko Nuts
- Combine all ingredients for the custard and strain.
- Divide the condiments among the steaming cups.
- Pour custard over, cover tightly and steam for 15minutes over low fire. (85-95C)
- Serve the custard immediately.