Learn to Hakka’s famous yong tau fu with Chef Julie’s recipe!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- For the Vegetable
- 1 Egg Plant/ Bringjal
- 6 Red/ Green Chilli/ Lady Fingers
- 1 Yellow/ Red/ Green Capsicum
- For the Paste Filling
- 100g Minced Pork
- 100g Fish/ Squid Paste
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Potato Starch
- A dash of White Pepper
- A dash of Sesame Oil
DIRECTIONS FOR VEGETABLE
- Butterfly the egg-plant.
- De-seed the chilli / lady’s fingers length-wise.
- Cut capsicum into 8pcs.
- Coat the inside of the vegetables with potato starch.
DIRECTIONS FOR PASTE FILLING
- Mix in the seasonings and add in the minced meat fish pastes.
- Stir until mixture is sticky.
- Stuff the vegetable with the filling.
- Heat pan with some oil and pan fry wish filling facing down for 2 minutes.
- Add in 1tbsp water and cover the pan.
- Simmer for few minutes.