Get Cracking! Make Easter Sunday extra special with these yummy Crème Brülée Easter Eggs. A cute festive treat for kids with a fun surprise inside!
Cuisine: French Course: Dessert
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 30 mins Cook: 45 mins
Chilling: 2hrs Serves: 6
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Sugar for finishing
- Preheat oven to 300°C.
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and half of the sugar. Cook over medium heat, until it begins to simmer.
- Whisk & mix the other half of the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla bean syrup into a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the heavy cream mixture into the yolks.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into eggshells, filling to top.
- Place in a hot water bath and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C till the custard is set.
- Chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top of creme brulee in the eggling.
- Caramelize sugar with a blowtorch to give the dessert its signature crunchy top.