Monkey Bread, also known as Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread, is a sweet and sinful cinnamon treat that is worth the calories!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 3 hrs Cook : 50 mins Ready in : 3 hrs 50 mins Serves : 1 serving
- Bread Dough
- 140g Bread Flour
- 200g Wholemeal Flour
- 50g Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Yeast
- 210g Milk
- 40g Butter
- 30g Butter
- 55g Sugar
- 2g Cinnamon Powder
- 30g Butter
- 60g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melt 60g Butter with Dark Brown Sugar and Vanilla and set aside
DIRECTIONS FOR BREAD DOUGH
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixer and using a dough hook mix till well combined.
- Add milk till dough is formed.
- Add softened butter and knead for 15 minutes or till dough is not sticky and forms a membrane when stretch.
- Place dough in a greased container, cling wrap it and proof for 45 minutes or till it doubles its size.
- Remove and divide them into small doughs (around 50g) and let them rest for 10 minutes
- Roll out, fill and shape as desired.
- Place shaped dough onto lined baking sheet and proof for 45 minutes.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes at 170°C.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately and cool on rack.
DIRECTIONS FOR COATING
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon powder and set aside.
DIRECTIONS FOR GLAZE
- Roll dough into a round ball (15g), cover with clingfilm and let the dough rest for 15mins.
- Shape it.
- Dip cinnamon into melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Repeat till all doughs are used up.
- Allow dough to proof for 45 mins.
- Preheat oven to 170C and prepare glaze.
- Pour the buttery mixture over the dough ball and bake for 30-35 mins till golden brown.