A Christmas feast is never complete without a scrumptious roast turkey on the table! This recipe from Chef Sawarto will teach you how to cook a mouth-watering turkey, with a special stuffing of nutmeg infused cranberry sauce and truffle mushroom gravy.
Cuisine : Western Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 120 mins Ready in : 180 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 1 Whole turkey, fresh chilled or fully defrosted
- salt, pepper, truffle oil and olive oil for rubbing
- 300g stuffing ingredients (thyme, breadcrumbs, minced chicken, salt and pepper)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1tbsp butter
- 300g mix mushrooms
- 1tbsp truffle paste or truffle oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cream as needed
- reserved liquid from roasted turkey
Nutmeg Cranberry Sauce
- 100-150g dried cranberry
- pinch of brown sugar
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 8tbsp water
- Rub the turkey with truffle oil, olive oil salt and pepper.
- Stuff the turkey cavity with stuffing and leave to roast at 200DC for about 1.5hours to 2hours.
- You can also use a thermometer probe to check. It should read 80degrees Celsius.
- Rest the turkey for at least 20mins before carving.
- For the cranberry sauce, boil the mixture together about 10mins until cranberry is soft, season to taste and blitz in a blender.
- Pass through a sieve to get a smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushroom with butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix the mushroom, truffle, cream and reserved turkey juices.
- All to cook and simmer gently for about 10mins. Season to taste and serve with turkey and cranberry sauce.