Pan Seared Scallops with Homemade Chinese-inspired BBQ Sauce
by Stephan Zoisl
Chef Stephan Zoisl shares with us his Pan Seared Scallops with Homemade Chinese-inspired BBQ Sauce! Add a twist to your scallops today for a fancy meal at home!
Cuisine : Fusion Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 6
- 12pcs Scallops
- 1tbsp Honey
- 1tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 200g Ketchup
- 1tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1tbsp Plum Sauce
- 1tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp XO Sauce
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Red Onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100ml Water
- Mix Spice (Star anise, cinnamon, gloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds)
- 1tbsp Peanut Oil
- Add peanut oil to pressure cooker, heat up – add in garlic, onions, all the spices, roast for 1 minute. Add in brown sugar and honey – continue roasting for another minute.
- Add in all other ingredients except the water and the scallops. Cook for 2-3 minute – add the water.
- Close the lid, setup the pressure and cook for 10 minutes with pressure 1. Release the pressure and keep BBQ sauce aside.
- Preheat a pan, pan-sear the scallops on high heat, 30-45seconds on each side. Serve with the BBQ sauce.