For a light and easy-to-make dinner, this Cod in Miso Broth with Deep Fried Shimeiji Mushroom is the perfect dish!
Cuisine : Fusion Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 40 mins
Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 4
- 150g-160g per pc Cod fish
- 1 big pc Kombu (seaweed)
- 1 handful Bonito flakes (katsuobushi)
- 2 tbsp Miso paste
- 4 pcs Green asparagus
- 20g Shimeiji Mushrooms
- 1 Egg white
- 4 tbsp Semola Flour
- Heat up a pot of boiling water.
- Add in the bonito flakes and kombu, simmer the water for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Strain the stock and add in the miso paste.
- Add in the cod fish, asparagus and simmer it for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat up a pot of oil to 180 to 190 degrees.
- Lightly whisk the egg white and then coat onto the mushroom, lightly dust over with semola flour and deep fry it.
- Once the cod fish is ready, transfer the fish and asparagus to another bowl, pour in the remaining stock just enough to cover half of the fish.
- Lastly place the crispy shimeiji mushroom on top the fish and drizzle with extra virgin oil and garnish with micro herbs.