This simple-to-cook Mentaiko Spaghetti requires very little cooking and taste absolutely fantastic!
Cuisine : Fusion Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 20 mins Serves : 2
- 1 Roe sac of spicy pickled pollock roe (Mentaiko)
- 1 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Japanese cooking wine (sake, or for a sweeter taste mirin)
- Japanese soy sauce (shoyu)
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tbsp A generous heap of toasted and shredded nori seaweed
- 2 servings of Pasta
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta to cook as per instructions on packaging.
- While waiting for pasta to cook, prepare Mentaiko dressing.
- Make a slit through the sac membrane of the Mentaiko lengthwise and scrape out the spicy picked Pollock row with a dessertspoon into a mixing bowl. Set aside one heap tbsp for garnishing.
- Add mayonnaise or cream, cooking wine, soy sauce and finally melted butter or olive oil.
- Whisk quickly to emulsify and homogenize the mixture. When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain slightly and transfer into the mixing bowl.
- Give the pasta and Mentaiko dressing a good toss and plate for serving.
- Top the pasta with shredded nori and finally the heap of Mentaiko.