Buttery, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies filled with pecans and rolled in powdered sugar. Serve them with coffee, tea, hot chocolate or homemade eggnog for a perfect pairing! A perfect easy dessert for the holidays!
Cuisine: American Course: Dessert
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 20 mins Cook: 20mins
Ready in: 40 mins Serves: 16-18pcs
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 60g Cake Flour
- 25g Almond Flour
- 15g Powered Sugar
- 15g Walnut
- Powdered Sugar for Rolling and Dusting
- Place walnuts on the cutting board, then finely chopped.
- Heat a pan over medium low heat, add chopped walnuts and stir frequently for 1 minute. Transfer to bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add cake flour and almond flour, mix until well blended.
- Pour chopped walnuts into the bowl with the dough, mix to incorporate.
- Scrape the dough onto a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 16~18 pieces, each weights 8~9g, roll the dough into a ball-sized.
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C, bake for 16-18 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies is slightly brown.
- When they’re still warm but cool enough to touch, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Set aside on a rack to cool completely. When cool, dust again in powdered sugar.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.