An all tine favourite, a simple and delicious that you can create under 30-minutes. Soft and tender chicken breast is dredged in flour, seared, and tossed in a light and creamy lemon sauce with capers and garlic to give the best flavour. The perfect weeknight dinner.
Cuisine: Italian Course: Main
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 15mins Total: 25 mins
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 Skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 brined capers, rinsed
- Parsley, minced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- .In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.