Indulge in every bite of the crispy Brioche Bread dipped in thick, sweet Thai Kaya for a tea-time sweet treat!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 0 mins
Ready in : 15 mins Serves : 4-6 servings
- 4 Egg yolks
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 20g Pandan leaf
- 250g Coconut cream pasteurized
- 200g Evaporated milk
Step 1: Extracting the Pandan flavour & colour
- Blend leaf with 100gm of evaporated milk.
- Strain mixture in a squeezer bag.
Step 2: Mix the custard
- Beat up egg yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar slowly.
- Pour in 200gm of coconut cream & mix well.
- Mix in pandan extract in step 1.
- Mix in the rest of the evaporated milk & mix well.
Step 3: Cooking the custard into kaya in hot water bath
- Prepare a pot of boiling water.
- Place mixing bowl into boiling water.
- Keep stirring custard with a whisk until custard thicken into cream.
- Pour in the last 50gm of coconut cream & mix well.
- Turn off the heat of the boiling water once kaya is creamy.
- Cool the kaya in tap water bath to further thicken the kaya before serving.
Step 4: Serve with Brioche
- Add a dash of evaporated milk to the kaya cream before serving it some toasted brioche bread.