No one can resist a hot, fluffy Garlic Butter Bun made with Fresh Carrot Juice when it is fresh-from-the-oven.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 60 mins Cook : 10 mins
Ready in : 70 mins Serves : 6-8 servings
- 200g Carrot Juice
- 1 Egg
- 30g Crisco Shortening
- 340g Bread Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bread Improver
- 20g Milk Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 50g Sugar
- 1 pkt Yeast (11g)
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)/ Powder
- Garlic Butter (for brushing)
- Using Kenwood Mixer, combine all the ingredients except the shortening and knead till pick-up stage.
- Add in shortening and knead till gluten has formed.
- Let it ferment for 40mins and punch it down.
- Scale into 60g and shape it round. Proof till double and egg-glaze.
- Bake at 200C for 10-12 mins. Brush with melted garlic butter immediately.