Savour every bite of this delicate and creamy Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with sage butter sauce!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 15 mins
Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2
Ingredients for Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
- 200g Fresh spinach
- 150g Ricotta
- 80g Mascarpone cheese
- 30g Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
Ingredients for Sauce
- 50g Butter
- Parmesan shavings
- A few leaves of Sage
- Prepare the filling by mixing the ricotta with the mascarpone, the chopped spinach, and parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- To make the ravioli, roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets using a pasta machine. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and cut out 12cm rounds with a pastry cutter. Cover with cling film.
- Place a ball of filling in the centre of half of the pasta rounds, then brush the edges with egg wash.
- Place another pasta round on top of each one and press the edges together to seal, stretching the dough slightly and moulding it around the filling with your fingers to make sure there are no air gaps.
- In a pot of salted water, cook the ravioli for 2-3 minutes.
- In a fry pan, add a sprinkle of olive oil with butter and sage then add the cooked ravioli.