Spanish Seafood Braised in Tomatoes and White Wine and Chef Eric’s Special Garlic Bread
By Eric Low
A Spanish Zarzuel is hearty seafood stew, perfect meal to enjoy with Chef Eric’s Special Garlic Bread.
Cuisine : Mediterranean Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 30 mins
Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 4 servings
Ingredients for Zarzuel De Mariscos
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100g Yellow Onions, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, shopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Large Pinch of Saffron
- 300ml White Wine
- 400ml Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 1kg Clams
- 200g Squid or Baby Cuttlefish
- 200g Prawns, peeled
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 stalks of Parsley, chopped
Ingredients for Garlic Bread
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 2 tbps Tobasco Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 stalks Parsley, chopped
- Worcestershire Sauce (Lea and Perrins)
- Thickly Sliced Baguette or French Bread
- To make Zarzuel De Mariscos, follow steps 2 to 5.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté onions and garlic till fragrant. Add tomato paste and cook briefly before adding in saffron.
- Pour in white wine; add the chopped can tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to boil.
- Add clams, cuttlefish and prawns, cook till clams are completely opened and discard any that remaining tightly shut.
- Taste soup, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and sprinkle on chopped parsley before serve.
- To make the Garlic Bread, follow step 7.
- Combine all ingredients for garlic butter except bread. Mix well and chill until ready to use.