Get your immunity booster with this preserved calamansi & sour plum preserves. Packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, it keeps colds, cough and flus at bay.
Cuisine: Asian Course: Drink
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 15 mins
Serves: 1 x 350ml Jar
- 15 -20 Calamansi (Lime)
- 150 grams Rock Sugar
- 15 – 20 Preserved Salted Sour Plum (Assam Boi)
- Sterilise your jar in hot water and air dry it by placing in a cool, dry place away from light.
- Place lime in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and dry it.
- Make a small cut in the lime and remove the seeds.
- Squeeze out the juice and stuff in the preserved salted sour plum.
- Add into glass jar and layer it with rock sugar.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the calamasi until ¾ full.
- Add in the calamasi juice and close your glass container tightly.
- Set aside for fermentation for at least 2 weeks or more, away from direct sunlight.
- Shake or tilt your glass jar daily or every 2 day to keep the top layer wet during the fermentation process.
This is to prevent the surface from getting mouldy.
- To enjoy – Add 2-3 of the preserved lime to your iced sparkling soda.