Pisang Goreng, banana fritter is a beloved local snack. Banana cooked till slightly soft is coated with a delicate batter that is crisp.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 50 mins Cook : 10 mins
Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 6-8
- 110g Sel-Raising Flour
- 70g Coarse Rice Flour
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Custard Powder
- 1.5 tsp Double actions baking powder
- 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 tsp Ammonia Powder (Optional)
- 200ml Water
- 50g Melted Butter
- Mix the flours together.
- Add in the water and rest for at least 45 mins.
- Pour in melted butter before using the batter.
- Heat oil to 180C, deep fry the banana with batter and fry till golden brown.