Learn to make this rich, creamy Mushroom Risotto from scratch!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 100 mins
Ready in : 105 mins Serves : 2-4 servings
Ingredients for Chicken Stock
- 100g Chicken bones
- 2-3 stalks Celery
- 1/2 no Carrot
- 1 no Onion
Ingredients for Risotto
- 100g Risotto rice
- 20g Butter
- 3-4 no Shitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 no Garlic (minced)
- 1 L Hot vegetable/chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- For the Chicken Stock, follow steps 2 to 4.
- Pre heat oven to 200.
- Roast chicken bones in oven for 15-20 mins.
- Put bones and vegetables into pot or pressure cooker, low heat for 1hr (30mins in pressure cooker).
- For the Chicken Stock, follow steps 6 to 11.
- Melt butter in pan, sauté mushrooms for 3-4 mins. Remove from heat.
- Add garlic and risotto rice into pan and sautéed until rice turns slightly translucent.
- Add one ladle of the hot stock and stir the risotto until the stock gets absorbed into the rice.
- Continue process until rice is cooked (al dente)
- Add in mushrooms and cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.