Kueh Dadar is a local Peranakan delicacy made from pandan flavoured crepes with shredded Gula Melaka coconut filling that is sinfully good.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 35 mins Cook : 15 mins
Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 6-8 servings
Ingredients for the Batter
- 60g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 100g Thick Coconut Milk
- 100g Water
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pandan Juice
- Pandan Paste
Ingredients for the Filling
- 60g Gula Melaka
- 1 tbsp Water
- 120g White Grated Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Tapioca Flour
- To make the Batter, follow steps 2 to 4.
- Mix all ingredients together till smooth. Sieve & rest for at least 1/2 hr to let the mixture stabilize.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour 1 tbsp of batter on pan & swirl fast to let batter spread out. Cook under medium flame.
- Place coconut filling & roll like a spring roll.
- To make the Filling, follow steps 6 to 7.
- Dissolve gula melaka in water.
- Add in white grated coconut, salt and tapioca flour and stir fry till moisture left.