The hunt for the perfect Chiffon Cake is over! Do not miss out this light and refreshing Yuzu Pineapple Chiffon Cake recipe by Chef Julie.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 60 mins
Ready in : 135 mins Serves : 6-8
Group 1 (Hand-whisk together)
- 5 no Egg yolk (Group 1)
- 70g Castor sugar (Group 1)
- 50g Warm oil (Group 1)
Group 2 (Mix well)
- 100g Yuzu Juice (Group 2)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (Group 2)
- 1/2 tsp Orange Zest (Group 2)
- 50g Pineapple Bits (Group 2)
- 120g Cake flour (sifted) (Group 3)
- 1/2 tsp Fine salt (Group 3)
Group 4 (Beat together last using mixer)
- 190g Egg whites (Group 4)
- 100g Castor sugar (Group 4)
- 2 tsp Corn Flour (Group 4)
- Tray Preparation: 22cm Chiffon Tin.
- Oven Preparation: Pre-heat oven at 170C for 20mins.
- To make the Yolk Mixture, follow steps 4 to 6.
- Use a hand whisk to combine the ingredients in Group 1.
- Pour Group 2, the liquid mixture in and mix well.
- Mix in the sifted flour.
- To make the Egg White Mixture, follow steps 8 to 12.
- Whisk the egg white and corn flour lightly.
- Add in the castor sugar gently and whisk tilll stiff.
- Fold in the yolk mixture that was done previously.
- Bake it at 180C, low shelf for 10 mins and then lower the temperature to 160C and bake for another 50mins.
- Turn the cake tin upside down and cool the cake for 1 hour.