Try out this traditional Kee Chang which is also called Alkaline Dumpling recipe by Chef Julie for this Wang Qing Dumpling Festival!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 170 mins
Ready in : 180 mins Serves : 4-6
- 600g Glutinous Rice (selected grain)
- 1 tsp Yellow Alkaline Ball
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 250g Red Bean Paste
- Pound the alkaline till powder and mix with a little water.
- Wash the glutinous rice few times.
- Mix in the alkaline water and soak the glutinous rice for 4hrs.
- Drained the glutinous rice and add in 2tbsp oil and mix well.
- Wrap the glutinous rice with a ball of red bean paste in the middle.
- Cook for 2-2.5hrs in hot boiling water or pressure cooker for 40-50mins.