You can now enjoy homemade chicken burger any time you want with Chef Mimi’s recipe! Either cook the patty straight away or freeze them for the next gathering!
Cuisine : American Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 20 mins
Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 1
- Burger Buns
Ingredients for the Patty
- 50g White Onion, chopped
- 250g Chicken, minced
- 25g Eggs
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- Dash of Dried Thyme
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Combine the minced chicken into a bowl with the onion and egg, then mix.
- Dash the dried thyme and sea salt sparingly into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into four. Lightly wet your hands. Carefully roll the mixture into balls.
- Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten it into patties that are about 1 cm thick. Put on a plate, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least 30mins.
- Heat the frying pan to medium hot.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each burger with oil. Place the patties, oil-side down, on the pan. Cook for 5 mins until the meat is lightly browned.
- Don’t press down on the meat, as that will squeeze out the juices. Cook for approx. 5 mins more for medium.
- Place sliced cheddar cheese slice on top of burger patty and bake in the oven for 5 mins so the juices can settle inside.
- Slice each the burger bun in half.
- Place, cut-side down, on the pan and toast for 1 min until they are lightly brown.
- Place a burger inside each bun, then top with your choice of accompaniment.