This Country Style Strawberry Tart is a great summer dessert that tastes perfect with a dollop of cream cheese.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 25 mins
Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 6-8
Ingredients for Sablee
- 200g Flour
- 100g Butter
- 70g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4g Salt
Ingredients for Strawberry Compote
- 300g Strawberries
- 100g Sugar
- 100g Water
- 50g Butter
- 20ml Lemon Juice
Ingredients for Garnish
- 20g Icing Sugar
- Make the dough by adding butter, flour, salt and sugar into the bowl and mix in an electric mixer with a pedal till consistency of sand.
- Add egg and mix till consistent. Wrap and flatten in cling film and reserve in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut the strawberries into half and cook in water, sugar, butter and lemon juice till soft but not mushy.
- Roll out the dough in a round shape and trim off the ends to make a nice edge.
- Mound in centre of dough, leaving 1 1/2-inch border over filling.
- Pleat the dough loosely and pinch any cracks to seal and bake it in a 175°C oven for 12 minutes till golden brown.
- Garnish with icing sugar.