Enjoy this dark, rich chocolate cake covered in a luxurious chocolate ganache for the perfect finish to your meal.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 25 mins
Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 12-16 servings
Ingredients for the Sponge
- 10 Egg Yolks
- 5 Egg Whites
- 10g Emulsifier
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Full Cream Milk Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 150g Butter
- 1 tbsp Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Plain Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Paste
- 1 tsp Strawberry Essence
- Some red food colourings
- Strawberry Jam to spread
Ingredients for the Chocolate Ganache
- 250g Bittersweet Chocolate
- 115g Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Preheat oven at 175°C. Grease and line 2 of 22x10x4cm pans.
- Melt butter in microwave, add in condensed milk and mix well.
- In a bowl, beat in high speed eggs and sugar till thick, fluffy and expand triple the size.
- Lower the speed and add in yoghurt, sifted both flours and milk powder.
- Add in about ¼ of the batter to the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour in the mixture into the remaining batter and fold in gently.
- Take 1/3 of the batter and mix in strawberry essence and some red food colourings.
- Pour the chocolate batter in 1 of the pan while the strawberry batter in another tin.
- Tap all the pans gently before putting in the oven to release the trapped air bubbles.
- Bake for 20-25mins or till skewer test comes out clean.
- Remove from oven immediately invert to cooling rack. Let cool.
- Spread jam on the inverted strawberry cake, top with chocolate cake, and spread jam on it, top with the chocolate cake.
- Cut the cake into 3 x 3 cm small square.
- Prepare the ganache by melting the chocolate, heavy cream and golden syrup using the double boil method.
- Leave ganache to cool for 10 minutes to thicken. Coat ganache over the small cakes. Decorate with some white chocolate.