A smooth and creamy pumpkin soup topped with parmesan croutons is delicious as an easy weeknight meal.
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 35 mins
Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2
Ingredients for Parmesan Croutons
- 2 slices of Bread
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Pumpkin Soup
- 1/2 no White onion, diced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 200g Pumpkin puree
- 250ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 cup Dairy cream
- To make the Parmesan croutons, follow steps 2 to 5.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- On a parchment-line baking sheet, toss the bread with 4 tablespoons olive oil and the Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange in an even layer. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- To make the pumpkin soup, follow steps 7 to 14.
- Heat the oil in a stockpot.
- Sauté the onion over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the pumpkin, stock, honey, salt and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the soup coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cream.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cream. Puree using an immersion or stand blender until very smooth.
- Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with the Parmesan croutons.