Nothing beats local. Sink your teeth into this moist and soft Chendol Talam Cupcakes by Chef Mimi.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 35 mins
Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 6-8
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- 120gm Self-Rising Flour
- 90gm Cake Flour
- 115gm Unsalted Butter – cold
- 200gm Fine Sugar
- 120gm Whole Eggs
- 110gm Coconut Milk
Ingredients for Talam Frosting
- 200gm Coconut Milk
- 300gm Pandan Water (Boil panda n leaves in 90gm water)
- 40gm Gula Melaka
- Hoon Kueh Flour
- To make the cupcakes, follow steps 2 to 12.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 deg.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with paddle, combine both sifted flour.
- Start mixing on the low speed and add small cubes of the butter gradually till mixture resembles sand.
- Whisk the eggs and add half to the mixture.
- Combine he coconut milk and the rest of the egg.
- Add to the mixture and beat until smooth texture is achieved.
- Fill each cupcake case to 60 gm each.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 20-25 mins.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick in the centre of the cupcake.
- The toothpick should come out clean when it is ready.
- Cool down before frosting.
- To make the Talam Frosting, follow steps 14 to 19.
- In a bowl, combine coconut milk and hoon kueh flour. Sieve.
- In a pot combine the pandan water and gula Melaka and gently heat up.
- When the mixture boils, add the coconut and hoon kueh flour mixture.
- Whisk vigorously until mixture boils.
- Cool slightly and scoop mixture on top of each individual cupcake.
- Decorate with Green Chendol and Red Bean. Drizzle with gula Melaka syrup.