Enjoy this perennial favourite, Chestnut Yam Talam that is not only pretty but tastes amazingly good as well!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 20 mins
Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 12-16
Ingredients for the Bottom Layer (Group 1)
- 1) 55g Rice Flour (Group 1)
- 2) 25g Hoon Kueh Powder (Group 1)
- 3) 120g Water (Group 1)
- 4) 1/3 tsp Alkaline Water (Group 1)
Ingredients for Group 2
- 5) 160g Sugar (Group 2)
- 6) 180g Water (Group 2)
- 7) 140g Yam Puree (Group 2)
- 8) 1/4 tsp Yam Paste (Group 2)
- 9) 4 Chopped Water Chestnut (Group 2)
- 10) Pinch of Salt (Group 2)
Ingredients for the Top Layer
- 11) 25g Rice Flour
- 12) 15g Hoon Kueh Powder
- 13) 170g Coconut Milk
- 14) 120g Water
- 15) 4 Pandan Leaf
- To make the Bottom Layer, follow steps 2 to 6.
- Mix Group 1 together till smooth.
- Place Group 2 in a saucepan and cook till sugar has melted.
- Pour Group 2 into Group 1& mix well.
- Pour the hot mixture into Group 1. Bring to boil for 5mins.
- Pour into lined tray & stem for 15mins.
- To make the Top Layer, follow steps 8 to 10.
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan. Cook till boil for 5 mins.
- When bottom layer is cooked, slowly pour the mixture on top and steam for 20mins until cooked.
- Leave to cool & chill in the fridge.