Try serving this velvety and luscious Chocolate Fudge Cake for an unforgettable dessert!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 30 mins
Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 8″
Ingredients for Group 1
- 120g Cake Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Ingredients for Group 2A
- 75g Egg Yolk
- 40g Castor Sugar
Ingredients for Group 2B
- 1.5 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 80g Warm Oil
- 100g Hot Water
- Group 3
- 190g Egg White
- 90g Castor Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
Ingredients for Chocolate Fudge
- 300g Whipping Cream (35% Milk Fats)
- 100g Dark Couverture Chocolate 66%
- 200g Milk Couverture Chocolate 55%
- 2 tsp Gelatine Powder
- 40g Water
- 1 1/2 Corn Syrup
- Group 1 – Mix the dry ingredients & Sift.
- Group 2A – Whisk egg yolk & sugar till pale & thick.
- Group 2B- Add in corn syrup, hot oil. Then pour in hot water gradually & whisk into egg mixture.
- Group 1 – Sift flour & fold into the egg-yolk mixture till well combined.
- Group 3 – Whisk egg white & add in sugar & cream of tartar.
- Fold into the egg-yolk mixture in 3 portions.
- Pour into prepared cake tin & baked at pre-heated oven for 30-35mins.
- For Chocolate fudge, follow steps 9 to 12.
- Bloom gelatin with the water & dissolve in bain-marie method.
- Boil cream & do an emulsification with the chocolate.
- Add in gelatin & mix well.
- Add in corn syrup.