Transform your everyday breakfast cereal into a dainty Cereal Milk Panna Cotta that is deliciously light and creamy.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 50 mins
Ready in : 145 mins Serves : 3-4
Ingredients for Panna Cotta
- 1) 3 cups Corn flakes-toasted
- 2) 250ml Milk
- 3) 250ml Dairy cream
- 4) 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 5) 30g Light brown sugar
- 6) 15g Fish gelatin powder
Ingredients for Toppings
- 7) 25g Corn flakes
- 8) 20g Milk powder
- 9) 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 10) 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 11) 100g Unsalted butter, melted
- To make the Panna Cotta, follow steps 2 to 10.
- Heat oven to 160 degree C.
- Spread cereal on a baking sheet and bake until toasty, about 12 minutes.
- While still warm, transfer to a pot and add milk and cream. Stir to combine and gently warm up for 10 mins.
- Strain into a bowl or a saucepan, pressing to extract liquid. Discard soggy cereal.
- Add salt and brown sugar, and heat just until milk is hot enough to dissolve sugar, Stir gently to dissolve sugar.
- Ladle some milk mixture into a small bowl and mix in gelatin.
- Set aside 5 minutes, then whisk soaked gelatin back into remaining milk mixture.
- Divide mixture among cups.
- Refrigerate until set, about 1.5 hours.
- To make the toppings, follow steps 12 to 20.
- Heat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place cereal in a large bowl and crush lightly with your hands.
- In a small bowl, stir together milk powder, sugar and salt.
- Sprinkle mixture over crushed flakes and add melted butter.
- Toss to coat cereal evenly.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a nonstick baking mat) and bake 20 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from tray and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle cold panacotta generously with corn flake topping.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container up to 1 week.