Breaded Yoghurt & Mint Lamb Rack with Pickled Vegetables, Lemon Aioli and Charred Onions
By Felix Chong
A rack of lamb makes the perfect Sunday roast! Compliment with a refreshing yoghurt and mint jelly marinate served with pickled vegetables, lemon aioli and charred onions.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 210 mins Cook : 5 mins
Ready in : 215 mins Serves : 1
- 1) 2 pcs New Zealand lamb rack
- 2) 1 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- 3) 1 tbsp Mint jelly
- 4) 1 stalk Rosemary
- 5) 150-200g Japanese breadcrumbs
- 6) 20g Capsicum
- 7) 20g Local cucumber
- 8) 20g Shallot
- 9) 1 Egg yolk
- 10) 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 11) 200g Corn oil
- 12) 1 pc Lemon
- 13) Brine for pickling liquid
- 14) 100g Water
- 15) 80g Sugar
- 16) 100g Vinegar
- 17) 1 tsp Salt
- Portion out the lamb rack and marinate with yoghurt, mint jelly, salt and pepper for at least 3 hours.
- Cut the vegetables into desire shapes and brine in the solution for 30 mins.
- Prepare a pot of oil for deep frying.
- Remove the lamb rack from the marinate. Coat with the breadcrumbs and deep dry at 170 to 180 degrees for about 45 seconds to 1 min.