This Easter egg tart bacon potato nests recipe is a must-have for your Easter table this year! A perfect finger food to share and enjoy with family and friends.
Cuisine: Western Course: Appetiser
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 25 mins Total: 35 mins
- 5-6 Potatoes
- 128g shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 small eggs
- 100g Bacon bits
- Pre-heat oven to 230 °C / 450°F.
- Use a spiralizer to shred the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded potatoes and1/2 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil. Divide the hashbrown mixture evenly the muffin cups. Use your fingers to pack them tightly and shape them into nests or press down with a small measuring cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges have browned. Remove nests from oven and reduce temperature to 176°C / 350°F
- Crack a small egg into each nest. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and diced bacon. Bake at 176°C / 350°F until the egg whites set, about, about 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Garnish the tops with parsley flakes and serve.