With its light, buttery flavour and sugar-crystal sweetness, this almond shortbread is impossible to resist.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 30 mins
Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 4
- 90g Butter
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp Almond extracts
- 30g Rice flour
- 30g Almond flour
- 95g Plain flour
- 10-15g Flaked almonds
- Cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Add in the almond extract and mix well.
- Mix in the almond flour and the rice flour.
- Then stir in the plain flour and mould it into a dough.
- Place the dough on a sheet of baking paper and roll to a 9″ circle. Sprinkle over the flakes almonds and gently roll over to embed them in the dough.
- Cut the circle into wedges and bake for 25 minutes at 180 C. If it browns too quickly you may reduce the temperature to 160 C for the last 5 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.