Learn how to cook this delicious vegetable soup – without a stove and just a simple touch of a button!
That’s right, no more kitchen patrol duties or over-boiling anxieties, just plug in your rice cooker. So just sit back, relax and wait for a bowl of “lang tong” (beautiful soup) that will make your mother proud.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 70 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 2 Carrots
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 Corn
- 2 Tomatoes
- 200g Mushrooms
- Salt & Pepper (To taste)
- Grate carrots & potatoes and chop them up evenly.
- Cut Tomatoes and Corn into two.
- Pour all chopped ingredients into the rice cooker, along with the shitake mushrooms and add 2L of water.
- Close rice cooker and set to cook mode for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Salt & Pepper after for taste.