This concoction is made with only two basic ingredients – lemon & honey and take only minutes to make. Use this honey lemon recipe for everything from soothing sore throat to a perfect summer thirst quencher drink.
Cuisine: Asian Course: Drink
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 10 mins
Serves: 1 x 350ml Jar
- 2-3 Medium Sized Lemon
- 1-1.5 Cups of Honey
- Salt as needed
- Sterilise your jar in hot water and air dry it by placing in a cool, dry place away from light.
- Coat your lemons with salt and pour hot water on it to remove the wax. Once done, leave and air dry.
- Alternate layers of a few sliced lemons and honey until the jar is filled.
- Use a spoon to gently press down and remove air pockets.
- Seal the jar with the lid and place it in the fridge for at least two days to allow the ingredients to mix well together. Once it’s done, your honey preserved lemon is ready.
- To enjoy – Honey Lemon Drink – Pour 1-2 teaspoon of honey preserved lemon into a glass of iced sparkling soda