Enjoy this light-as-air and crispy Yorkshire Pudding with jam and whipped cream for a perfect dessert or pair it with meat gravy for a classical savoury Yorkshire Pudding.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 65 mins Serves : 6
- 3 no. Eggs
- 1 no. Egg white
- 380ml Full cream UHT milk
- 220g Plain flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp Raw sugar
- Pepper (optional)
- Cheese/bacon bits (optional)
- Whisk egg and egg white in a big mixing bowl for 5 mins.
- Pour in the milk.
- Add in the sifted flour and the rest.
- Rest for 30 mins in fridge.
- Brush tray generally with olive oil / any poultry fats. Base with 3mm oil.
- Bake empty tray at 220°C till very, very hot.
- Pour in mixture till almost full, you should hear the sizzling sound.
- Bake at 220°C for 25mins till golden brown. Cover with paper if top is too brown after 15mins. Do not open oven too early.
- Serve immediately with jam & whipped cream or pair with the meat gravy.