Fresh Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar and Vanilla Ice Cream
by Eric Low
This perfectly balanced Fresh Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar is a unique way to enjoy this summer fruit! Great when served over pound cake or with vanilla ice cream!
Cuisine : European Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 15 mins Serves : 2
- 80g Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 50ml Balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp Coarse ground black pepper
- 200g Strawberries, cut into half or quartered
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramelise sugar with water and add the balsamic vinegar, vanilla essence and black pepper. Cook till syrupy and add in the strawberries.
- Toss well, remove from heat and let the strawberries marinate for 5 minutes.
- Serve the strawberries with vanilla ice cream.