Get creative with this sweet and creamy glaze made of sugar and milk, enriched with the McCormick® Clear Imitation Vanilla Extract. To achieve a smooth and even frosting for that clean polished look, dip spatula in hot water to clean off any crumbs or frosting accumulation.
Cuisine : American Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 5 mins Serves : 20
- 1 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tsp McCormick® Clear Imitation Vanilla Extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) Confectioners’ Sugar (sifted)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Beat shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Mix in extract.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until well blended. Add milk; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- **Tip: For a more buttery frosting flavor, substitute 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened, for 1/2 cup of the shortening.