Warm Baby Potatoes, Fine French Bean Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
by Chef Emma Coultas
Begin your meal with a crispy bruschetta topped with tomato and mozzarella salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 20 mins Serves : 4 Servings
- 400g Baby Potatoes, scrubbed, and halved if large
- 250g Fine French beans, topped and tailed
- 1 Small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vingear
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ – 1 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- ½ tsp Chopped Thyme
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a rapid boil. As it is coming to a boil, add the baby potatoes and boil until just tender; lift out with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl. Prepare another smaller bowl with some ice water. Place green beans in boiling water for one minute, drain and plunge into ice water for a minute. Drain and add to boiled potatoes.
- While the potatoes boil, place the shallot, vinegar, mustard and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly start adding oil in a drizzle while still whisking. When all the oil has been added, add the herbs and pepper and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Add dressing to warm potatoes and beans and toss well. Can be served immediately but improves on sitting for 15-30 minutes.