Enjoy a delicious bowl of Wanton Noodles served with dark soya sauce, topped with wanton and barbecued char siew will leave you wanting more.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 40 mins
Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 4
Ingredients for Wanton
- 2 Wanton wrappers
- 150g Fatty pork mince (or chicken mince)
- 3 Prawns deskilled
- 1 Dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for Char Siew Pork
- 1/2 Pork belly (2 without skin)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Light soya
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 little of Dark soya
- To make Wanton, follow steps 2 to 9.
- Place the shrimp, tsp corn flour and pinch of salt and marinate for a few minutes.
- Rinse the shrimp and dry with kitchen paper and leave to dry in the fridge.
- Mix the marinate ingredients and marinate the mix.
- Soak mushroom in hot water until softened then rinse before dicing finely.
- Add mushrooms and chestnuts to the marinated mix.
- Add 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- Add shrimp.
- Wrap in wanton wrapper.
- To make Char Siew, follow steps 11 to 14.
- Pour whole bowl of marinate with pork in fry pan until marinate thickens, then transfer to baking tray to grill until cramelise (15-30m).
- Allow to cool then cut in thin strips.
- In chicken broth, cook the wanton, then add Blanche vegetables to bowl.
- Add dark soya OR oyster sauce with noodles, blanched vegetables and wanton roast pork.