Bake your own Traditional Baked Mooncake this Mid-Autumn Festival with Chef Charlynn’s recipe!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 60 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 70 mins Serves : 12 pieces of Mooncakes
- 100g Plain Flour
- 60g Golden Syrup
- ½ tsp Alkaline Water
- 28g Vegetable Oil
- 420g Lotus paste
- Egg Wash
- 1 Egg, lightly whisk & sieve
- Use a large bowl; mix the golden syrup, alkaline water and oil well. Sift in the flour. Knead into dough. Cover with film wrap and rest for 40 minutes.
- Roll lotus paste into a long tube. Cut into 12 equal portions, each 35g.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions (15g each). Wrap and seal the lotus paste ball with the dough disc.
- Dust the mooncake mould and place the stuffed mooncake into the mould.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Brush the mooncakes with egg wash & continue to bake until the pastry turns golden brown.