This delicious spanish omelette is a household dish which is easy to do. The thinly sliced potatoes are blanched and mixed with caramelized onions, eggs and salt. Cook until tortilla is golden brown.
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 3 Large Dutch/Idaho Potatoes (sliced 5mm, blanched)
- 1 Large Onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil or Garlic Oil
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in non stick pan, sauté the onions till soft and slightly caramelized.
- Mix onions, eggs and potatoes together. Season the egg mixture with salt.
- Heat remaining oil in non-stick pan. Spread the mixture all around the pan. Using a slow fire, allow the tortilla to set for 2-3 minutes before turning over.
- Using a plate larger than the pan, flip the tortilla over and add some oil to the pan and slide it back in. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the tortilla is firm.
- Allow the tortilla to cool before slicing. Serve with aioli and bread.