Diced Chicken with Pine Nuts in Golden Cups (Kueh Pie Tee Shells)
by Eric Low
A simple and easy to consume dish to present to your guests! The chicken is pan-fried with sautéed garlic, ginger and onions. Bell peppers, asparagus and oyster sauce are then added. Before serving, mix the pine nuts with the chicken and serve in the Kueh Pie Tee Shells.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 12
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- ½ tsp Chopped Ginger
- ½ Onion (diced)
- 250g Boneless Chicken Leg/Breast (diced)
- ½ Small Red Bell Pepper
- 100g Zucchini (seeded, diced)
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 30g Pine Nuts (toasted)
- Coriander Leaves (for garnish)
- Kueh Pie Tee Shells
- Heat oil in pan, sauté garlic, ginger and onions till fragrant. Add the chicken and cook for two minutes.
- Toss in the bell peppers and asparagus, pour in oyster sauce and sprinkle black pepper over the chicken. Cook for another two minutes.
- Add in the pine to the chicken, mix well and fill into pie tee cups as required. Garnish with some coriander leaves.