Tomato/Watermelon Gazpacho with Greek Yoghurt & Asian Herbs
by Susanne Despature
Make this fuss-free, no-cooking-required gazpacho for an impressive starter to your meal!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 6
- 200g Chopped Tomatoes (Can)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- ½ – 1 medium Red Chili, without seeds
- 250g Watermelon
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, finely chopped
- 10cl Chicken stock
- White or Red Wine Vinegar, Tabasco, Salt, Pepper
- Herb Sour Cream
- 200g Sour Cream
- 50g Herbs (e.g. Thai Basil, Coriander, Sweet Basil, Flat Parsley..) finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove the skin and dice watermelon flesh.
- Wash bell pepper and remove stem. Dice them in 2×2 cubes and combine with chopped tomatoes, watermelon, chicken stock, tomato puree, chili and chopped lemongrass in a blender. Blend for 2 mins of position 3 of Cuisinart Blender or until very smooth, then strain through a sieve, pressing with a soup ladle. Season to taste with salt, pepper, some white vinegar and Tabasco, and then keep refregerated until you serve.
Chilled Herb Sour Cream:
Combine all ingredients and palce in the freezer for 30 mins, mix from time to time with a fork to prevent crystals from forming – don’t freeze completely!
Mix well gazpacho before serving – then ladle into 6 soup dishes. Add a splash of chilled herb sour cream in the middle, and drizzle some oilive oil on top. Garnish with herbs and serve with olive oil crostini.