Devour these decadent, buttery Pistachio Financiers from Chef Lin Wei Xian, tastes lovely with tea or coffee!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 740 mins Cook : 8 mins Ready in : 748 mins Serves : 12
- 55g Icing Sugar
- 50g Cake Flour
- 15g Ground Pistachio
- 35g Ground Almond
- 3 pinch Baking Powder
- Mix together icing sugar, cake flour, ground pistachio, ground almond, and baking powder.
- Add the egg white into the dry ingredients, bit by bit to avoid lumps
- Add pistachio paste with a bit of the above mixture and combine.
- Melt unsalted butter. When it’s lukewarm, mix into the whole mixture.
- Refrigerate batter for a minimum of 12hrs.
- The following day, pre-heat oven to 210°C.
- Fill financier moulds ¾ full and bake till golden brown for approximately 6-8mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from financier mould.