Beat the heat with this coconut milk based dessert with water chestnut covered with tapioca flour recipe by Chef Trish!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 4
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 120 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 g Chinese Water Chestnut
- 500 g Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp Red food colouring. (liquid)
- 3 Pandan Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Pearl Sago
- Cut Chinese Water Chestnut into 1 cm. small cube.
- Mix the red food colourings with some water, soak the water chestnut in water for 15 mins, drain and coat with tapioca flour. Shake to remove excess flour.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, put in the water chestnut and boil until they float to the surface. Remove from water and drop into ice cold water. Drain and set aside.
- In another pot, cook sago till translucent. Drain and soak in cold water till ready to serve.
- Heat the coconut milk to slow boil, follow with pandan leaves, sugar, salt. Set aside to cool.
- Chill in the fridge until you are about to serve, combine the coconut milk mixture with red ruby and sago.